- This event has passed.
Group Spiritual Direction
Sunday, December 17, 2023 @ 12:15 pm - 1:45 pm
Monthly Group Spiritual Direction
beginning November 19, 2023
*February 25* *Please notice this change in date*
First Community North
Room 107 (Parlor)
Monthly Group Spiritual Direction Gatherings
Interested in exploring your spiritual growth and development?
If so, perhaps group spiritual direction is a journey you might consider.
What is Group Spiritual Direction?
This ministry offers the opportunity for greater awareness of divine presence or what matters most.
Who may participate in Group Spiritual Direction?
These gatherings are open to everyone. All are welcome.
What does Group Spiritual Direction Offer?
– A space for spiritual exploration and spiritual growth.
– Spiritual practices such as loving-kindness contemplation, Tonglen, Lectio Divina, meditation, breath practices and more will be offered as pathways to recognizing the divine or what matters most.
– An opportunity to share our spiritual stories.
– A place to use our “holy listening” skills as others share their stories.
– Support in learning how to recognize the divine presence or what matters most.
– An opportunity for deepening our relationship with God or what matters most.
– Confidence in following our nudges from the divine or what matters most.
When will Group Spiritual Direction meet?
Group spiritual direction will take place on the following third Sundays of each month at 12:15pm – 1:45pm at FC-North in room 107 (The Parlor). The specific dates are listed above.
About the facilitator, Jodi Patton
Spiritual director, Jodi Patton, is a graduate of The Chaplaincy Institute Interfaith Seminary & Community based in Berkeley, California. This interfaith spiritual direction certification program teaches a non-directive interfaith approach to help people discern their own deep inner wisdom and to live with a deeper sense of connection and alignment with spirit/what matters most. The primary faith traditions that are part of this training are Buddhism, Christianity, Hinduism, Indigenous Religions, Islam, Shamanism, Taoism and a few others. Since 1998, Jodi has been leading classes in mindfulness, meditation, and yoga, and is a Reiki master teacher/practitioner offering all degrees of Reiki training. Jodi currently serves on the First Community congregational care ministry and social justice teams.
Please email Jodi Patton at email@example.com